New Engen is an AI-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing company. New Engen’s culture is casual, driven and high-energy.We are passionate about our mission and we are loyal to each other and our customers. The Finance team is seeking a Senior Accountant in Seattle, WA to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization.This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a high-growth technology company.
What you’ll be doing…
The Senior Accountant is a key part of New Engen’s growth and expansion. Our team and client base are growing rapidly, and the Senior Accountant will work to build continued scale and efficiency within our operations.This role consists of daily, weekly and monthly accounting and finance processes, entries and reconciliations as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Assist and /or manage various accounting related functions including but not limited to revenue, accounts receivables, accounts payables, fixed assets and the overall general ledger
- Assist in the month-end close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals; and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, as assigned
- Assist with and help facilitate a successful audit with our third-party auditors, including supporting documentation, preparing audit schedules, and facilitating conversations with the audit team regarding questions, status, and other activities
- Maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting principles
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external teams
- Support the Finance and Accounting organization as the company scales
Who you are…
- Experienced. 3+ years of professional experience in a related role or at a Big 4 accounting firm (preferred). Advanced in Microsoft Excel and experienced with QuickBooks, a plus.
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent. Working knowledge of GAAP. Active CPA license or CPA candidate, preferred.
- Innovative.Proactively identify, recommend and implement process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Driven. A leader with excellent self-management practices and an independent thinker; exceptional work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Excellent Communicator. Ability to understand complex concepts, prioritize initiatives, identify risk and communicate these within all levels of the organization and with external clients.
- Team Player. Ability to work independently as well as a team player to ensure deadlines are met. Excels in a dynamic fast-paced work environment working across multiple teams.
- Multi-Tasker. Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to balance multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, with excellent quality and attention to detail.
- Flexible.Positive and can-do attitude in an ever changing and growing environment.
Company Builder. Opportunity mindset – always asking “what’s possible?” and not hindered by scarcity of time, resources or any other variable in the way of reaching our goals. Help us to identify, recruit and train other Company Builders to support our mission and growth.