About New Engen:
You know when you’re scrolling through your social media feed and come across an eye-catching ad? There's a good chance it was one of ours! New Engen is an integrated marketing agency using always-on, cross channel marketing experimentation to drive business results for our brands – big and small. Our mission is to Elevate Marketing Teams – so why not start with our own? With minimal funding to date, New Engen has five offices nationwide, however, we are currently operating with over 150 virtual "at-home" offices. Want to be a part of the marketing evolution? Join our growing team.
We are focused on helping our partners achieve massive scale of new customer value across all digital marketing platforms. We are results driven, committed, iterative and transparent. Our teams of expert Marketers, Creative Designers and Analysts help tackle some of the most complex digital marketing challenges.
Internally, we are committed to being an amazing place to work. At New Engen we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.
The Director of People will lead the function traditionally known as Human Resources. However, in this role we are looking for a business leader who understands that the success of this function is rooted in deep collaborative partnership with our business. This individual will be tasked with building the programs and processes to build a culture centered around our values and build a team to support the business in living our values day to day.
The Director of People will be tasked with ensuring that the organization is building and evolving the programs and support mechanisms by which our talent is able to continue to grow and be successful in their roles. We believe in acquiring the best talent and fostering that talent throughout their employee journey with our organization. The Director of People will be trusted with developing the strategies and visions to achieve this mission.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Human Resources professional who demonstrates a track record of establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and the ability to address people matters strategically, judiciously, and empathetically.
- Talent Acquisition:
Develop, build and own the talent acquisition strategies (and supporting processes) aligned with the organization’s overall vision for growth. This deep partnership with the business will see the development of predictive resourcing models based on business goals as well as exploration and implementation of unique and creative strategies to support the foundation of a scalable and sustainable business model.
- Talent Retention:
Create, facilitate and champion strategies, programs and benefits that ensure the continued growth and engagement of our talent. This includes, but is not limited to, Employee Value Proposition, Talent Review and Career Development, Compensation Strategies and Incentive Programs, Professional Development programs, etc.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I): New Engen prides itself on our commitment to continue to evolve our understanding of the world around us and being deliberate in how we show up as individuals and an Agency. The Director of People will play a critical role in the development and deployment of the strategies and programs to support our DE&I steering committee. The ideal candidate will lead with not only the structures behind these initiatives but coach our organization to grow our awareness organically as we work to embed these ideals into the fabric of our Agency.
- Stakeholder Support: Act as an advisor/coach to all People Leaders in regards to HR related matters including coaching, counseling, career development, resource planning, succession planning, employee relations, etc.
- Employee Support: Direct the design, implementation and execution of People programs across all stages of the employee lifecycle including recruiting, onboarding, compensation, performance reviews, promotions, culture initiatives, benefits, diversity, equity & inclusion, people operations, and more. Although a support resource and collaborator with our people leaders, the Director of People will be tasked with ensuring the programs and support mechanisms for all employees.
- Culture Champion: Champion our vision, culture and values.
- 8+ years of HR experience, including 5+ years of HR management experience
- Hands-on experience leading a team to deliver programs and processes associated with:
- Recruiting & onboarding
- Compensation, benefits & recognition programs
- Employee relations
- Learning and development, including leadership development
- Performance evaluation and development planning
- 3+ years of learning design, training and/or group facilitation experience
- Proven ability to maintain high ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with sensitive issues
- Ability and desire to assess HR risk and make calculated decisions that balance risk with business need
- Proven ability to wear multiple hats and flex with business needs, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience partnering, building trust, and strong working relationships with employees at all levels, including executive leaders
- Experience coaching senior leaders
- Creativity and resourcefulness; ability to solve complex problems independently
- Proficiency with HRIS and ATS systems
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and retain effective, diverse teams
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree preferred
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment preferred