Effective: July 1, 2018
New Engen believes in thoughtfully handling personal information and instilling privacy policies that are compliant and transparent. Any personal information we request will serve a purpose – either to stay in contact, provide updates on our services, or discuss a potential career opportunity. We do not share or store any information we gather unless required by law or to operate our own business.
Collected Data by New Engen
We may collect data while operating our own website(s). This information is used to contact you regarding your interest in New Engen, some of which may be considered personal data that can be used to identify you. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to: First and Last Name, Job Title, Employer Name, Email Address, Phone Number and Address, City, State Or Zip Code of you or your Employer. New Engen is a data controller for data collected on our website(s).
New Engen also collects the information that your web browser and servers typically make available to operators, such as language preference, browser type, referring site and the date and time of your visit(s). The purpose for gathering this information is to enhance our website(s) capabilities to better serve you and other potential visitors. Lastly, New Engen monitors and collects statistics about the behavior of visitors, such as popularity of blog posts or certain pages on our site(s). We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Collected Data by New Engen’s Customers
New Engen provides services. as an outside service provider, that help our customers manage and optimize digital marketing campaigns. New Engen from time to time may have access to some of the data that our customers obtain through visitors to their own websites.
New Engen recommends that each of our customers considered the data they collect on their own customers and disclose in their own privacy policies around data collection and use practices.
New Engen does not use customer data for our own purpose, other than in aggregate form, and for providing services under contract with our customers. Further, each Customer is only allowed to access or use the data that is associated with that customer’s own collection effort. We do not share with, or disclose, report, transfer, or deliver to a New Engen customer any data that is specific to a particular individual. All information about the use of a customer is provided to New Engen’s customer in aggregated form only.
Data New Engen Does Not Collect
We do not intentionally collect data that might reveal a person’s race, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, health or sexual preferences, precise geographical location, credit card numbers or financial data. If we find out that our cookies and tags have inadvertently collected this data, and that this data may be linked to a specific individual (through reasonably available means), we will promptly delete the data or make it inaccessible, as applicable.
Our Policy Towards Children
Our website(s) and our services are not directed to children. If you become aware that that your minor child has provided New Engen with personal information without your consent, please contact New Engen.
New Engen has no way to know if our customer’s data collected pertains to children, unless our customer informs us of the age. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected data about a child who can be identified data in our possession, we will remove such data from our files.
Use of Information
- Provide and deliver services, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you service-related information;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about our services
Reasons for Using Information
When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with services;
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by "opting out" where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation; or You have chosen to make the information public.
Sharing Personal Information
New Engen works to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances we may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We may share your personal information when we have your permission;
- We provide personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with New Engen to provide us with services, for example, our data storage and marketing vendors and software providers. These companies may use your personal information to perform services and to help New Engen communicate with you.
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of New Engen, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving our services.
Our website(s) may use various software technologies including “cookies” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, pixel tags can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use pixel tags on our website(s) from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
New Engen uses reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, New Engen cannot guarantee the security of your information.
When we need to transfer data outside of our firewall, we use industry-standard technological means to protect all data while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. However, please remember that no security system on the Internet is perfect.
Transfer of Data
New Engen operates its website(s) in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing New Engen with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. New Engen service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
Data that is provided to New Engen is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via the New Engen website(s) will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore New Engen cannot guarantee the security of data sent to New Engen electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where New Engen has given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of the New Engen website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third Party Links
New Engen may have links on our website(s) to other sites that New Engen does not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. New Engen encourages you to read the privacy notice governing the third-party site. New Engen does not control that site and assumes no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Controlling Your Personal Information
New Engen aims to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. Our marketing emails permit you to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
If you are a customer of one of our clients that works with New Engen and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please send your request to the client that you interact with directly. If our client requests New Engen to remove or amend that data, we will respond to that request within 30 days.
New Engen outlines your choices below:
- Email. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from New Engen, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional email, New Engen may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that New Engen’s processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live
You may have the right, depending on which country you reside in, to ask us to provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our website(s), then you also have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
- Update or delete personal information which we hold about you;
- Restrict the way we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Please feel free to reach out with any inquiries or comments you may have regarding this policy. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Engen is the Data Controller for information collected on this website(s) and can be reached at:
Attn: New Engen Legal
2401 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Information that is provided to New Engen by any client is controlled by them.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice