New Engen is looking for an experienced Marketing Analytics & Tagging Specialist who can oversee tag management and tag deployment for our clients. Prior experience with tag management is required. This will include working with our internal media and analytics team to assure that the correct tags are deployed and configured to track actions for our clients. The career will also include the opportunity to build a team in this area of expertise at NE.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Proactively collaborating across clients and our internal media teams to define tracking and measurement requirements.
- Problem-solve for tracking & attribution disagreements between ad platforms, analytics platforms, and CMS systems.
- Responsible for testing and quality assurance of all data collection requirements.
- Utilize Google Tag Manager to setup and deploy pixels.
- Develop dataLayer and pixel implementation for development teams to implement on both Web and Mobile Apps.
- Assess web analytics implementations for opportunities to better align analytics with business goals.
- Design, document, and maintain tracking requirements for our web and native platforms.
- Owns area of expertise (Ad Servers, Technical Creative Functionality, HTML, etc.).
- Digital advertising campaign management landscape (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Ad Exchanges, etc), primarily Demand-Side (DSPs).
- Create best practices in the department to scale the on-boarding, testing and deployment of channel partners.
Success Drivers and Competencies
- Must have a deep passion for marketing technologies and a desire to build awesome customer experiences.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically and creatively while working autonomously.
- Passion for helping others and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to communicate technical or detailed information effectively to non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years of hands-on experiences in web analytics, event measurement/tracking and tag implementation.
- Experience or knowledge of Customer Data Platforms and their implementation. (imParticle or Segment).
- Experience in implementing, QA’ing pixels in Google Tag Manager, Shopify, Wordpress, and other CMS platforms.
- Experience working within various ad platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, SnapChat, TikTok and various other AdTech platforms.
- Comfortable working within the digital advertising campaign management landscape (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Ad Exchanges, etc), primarily Demand-Side (DSPs).
- Proven track record for problem-solving and quality assurance (QA) implementations
- Proven experience in programmatic marketplace trafficking, configuration, troubleshooting and optimizing ad tags in SSPs and DSPs.
- Knowledge of digital analytics industry trends: tracking libraries and SDKs, cookies, data layer, tag management systems, report suite configuration, etc.
- Where necessary, write custom event scripts to allow ad platforms to pass through dynamic parameters and capture lead source information.
- Experience with Google Optimize, Optimizely, Adobe Test and Target or similar tools is desired.
- Current on industry trends and best practices.
New Engen is headquartered in Seattle, WA, and candidates in the Seattle metropolitan area are preferred. New Engen also operates offices in New York, NY and Charlotte, NC, and candidates from these areas will also be given preferential consideration.